The Northwest Earth and Space Sciences Pipeline (NESSP) and the Montana Partnership with Regions for Excellence in STEM (MPRES) are hosting a free science series starting Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Come hear from practicing Montana scientists about the incredible research going on in your backyard, and learn from fellow educators how to capitalize on these studies to develop relevant, place-based science curriculum for your classroom. Presenters include a geologist from the Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology and a fisheries biologist from Custer Gallatin National Forest. The topics for the sessions are:
- September 15 – What is a Watershed?
- September 22 – Water Chemistry
- September 29 – Macroinvertebrates
- October 6 – Fish, Natural Boundaries, and Human Impacts
- October 13 – Climate Resiliency: Fire, Fish and Water/Beaver Mimicry Restoration
- October 15 – Geomorphology & Earth Systems