Plants in Montana Native Cultures
This self-paced online course is worth 3 credits or 45 OPI Units. Most required materials will be provided in the course Moodle, though participants may need to seek additional resources at school or public libraries online as part of the course requirements. Previous knowledge of IEFA and the Essential Understandings is helpful but not necessary for participants to successfully complete the course.
1. Develop personal background knowledge of Indian Education for All (IEFA) by diving deeply into the Essential Understandings of Montana Indians.
2. Learn about native plants and their historical (and current) significance to local Montana tribes.
3. Design comprehensive lesson plans and instructional activities that integrate the materials and concepts covered as well as self- selected supplemental materials.
4. Work to integrate IEFA with NextGen science standards.
5. Complete a final project which integrates the materials and concepts covered.
How to Register: Visit the WMPLC websiteView common abbreviations list
Western Montana Professional Learning Collaborative, https://www.wmplc.org/
|Target Group||K - 2, 3 - 5, 6 - 8, 9 - 12|
|Available PL Durations(s)||45 hours|
|Renewal Units/Credit||45 OPI Renewal Units or 3 Semester Credits|
$350 + $155 for university credit